Effective date: December 1, 2022
Information Collection and Use
We may collect information, including your name, address, email address, and phone number when you communicate with us or sign up for one of our Services. You also may provide additional information to us such as your birthdate, content preferences, communication content or payment information. We also gather information about how visitors navigate our Site by using data gathered with cookies. This type of information is collected automatically and includes the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; passwords used for our Site; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Site, including date and time; cookie number; and Services that you viewed or searched for. If you send us a review, post content on our site, or respond to a survey, we collect your submission content. We may also obtain information about you from our third-party partners as identified below in the “How We Share Data” section of this policy.
Sources from Which We Collect Your Information
We collect information directly from individuals automatically related to the use of our Services, and in some cases from third parties (such as internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, and social media platforms). For example, we collect information:
- from any form you may complete and submit through our Site;
- from the content of surveys that you may complete;
- from ‘cookies’ and other similar tools deployed on parts of our Site;
- when you provide information when you subscribe and in connection with us providing the Services to you;
- from other sources, such as internet service providers, and operating systems and platforms.
How We Collect Your Information
As noted above, we collect information that you voluntarily provide to us when you interact with us or our Services – such as when you sign up or register to use any of our Services; sign-up for a contest; or participate in an online survey emailed to you. We may get personal information about you from social media services online if you sign up for any of our Services using your social media account. Additionally, we and our third-party analytics partners collect personal information about you when you visit us through the web or your mobile device via cookies, pixels, and similar tracking technologies. This personal information includes information about your online activities over time and across different Services. Please see the section below on “Cookies and Usage Data”.
Cookies and Usage Data
We may automatically collect certain information about how our Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Site.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How We Use Data
We may use your Personal Data to provide you with the Services, process transactions, provide and improve our customer service to you, contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us. Examples of how we may use your information are listed below:
To provide you with products and services that you request.
To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To provide and maintain our Site.
- To notify you about changes to our Site.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site.
- To monitor the usage of our Site.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or consent.
How We Share Data
We may share your personal information in order to deliver the Services and/or to enhance your experience. Currently, we share data with third parties as indicated in the table below:
We may also share data with additional third parties that are not indicated in the table above. Below are examples of other ways in which we may share your information:
- We may share information with third parties who perform functions on our behalf, including support service providers, such as site hosting, marketing analysis, email and postal delivery, product and service delivery, analytics services, or other functions. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- We may share information with third parties if you give us consent or permission to share the information.
- We may share information in accordance with a business transaction. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, other business transaction, we may share information subject to confidentiality arrangements.
- We may share information to prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud.
- We may share information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements.
- We may share your information with law enforcement if required by law or in order to prevent fraud or other potential wrongdoing.
- We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Links to Other Sites
Individuals or Businesses Living in the European Union when Data is Collected
Along with the rest of this Policy, individuals or businesses that are in the European Union at the time of the collections of any data subject to this Policy are afforded additional rights. The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) affords individuals or businesses in the European Union the following rights:
Description of Right
Right to Access
Individuals and Businesses protected under the GDPR have the right to request access to any data that we collect pertaining to them and request copies of such data. Note that there may be a small fee associated with the request of copies of the data.
Right to Rectification
Individuals and Businesses protected under the GDPR have the right to request that we correct any information that you believe is inaccurate, as well as the right to request that we complete any information that you think is incomplete.
Right to Data Portability
Individuals and Businesses protected under the GDPR have the right to request that the information we have collected be transferred to another organization or directly to you, under certain conditions laid out in the GDPR.
Right to Erasure
Protected Individuals and Businesses have the right to request that we erase your personal information in which we have collected.
Right to Restrict Processing
Individuals and Businesses that are protected under the GDPR have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under conditions laid out in the GDPR.
Right to Object to Processing
Individuals and Businesses that are protected under the GDPR have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
For more information regarding the GDPR please click here.
Contacting the Appropriate Authority for GDPR Complaints
Should you wish to file a complaint regarding your GDPR rights or if you feel we have not addressed any concerns you have in a manner in a satisfactory manner, you should contact your local supervisory authority to initiate a complaint.
By email: [email protected]
By phone number: 800-906-7140
By using the Contact Us form on our website: https://jdaworldwide.wpengine.com/contact/